The "Computational Methods Working Group" is a working group by young scholars of the Department of Communication and Media Research, the Department of Political Science, the fög - Research Center for the Public Sphere and Societyat the University of Zurich and the Center for Security Studies at ETH Zurich.
The working group has two main goals: First, we want to foster the methodological education of social scientists in the field of computational social science. Second, we aim at bringing together scholars in the field to connect and collaborate.
Events in 2021:
As part of the 7th International Conference on Computational Social Science:
- Call for Participants: "People, Research Interests & Methods in CSS" (July, 13th, 05:30-07:00 pm, Link)
- Call for Participants: "A Career in CSS – Dream or Disillusion?" (July, 20th, 05:30-07:00 pm, Link)
- Watch Parties during the IC2S2
Additionally, we will host a panel discussion about teaching Computational Social Science:
- Call for Participants: "Teaching CSS - Where Do We Go from Here?" (September 7th, 4.00-05:30 pm, Link)
We are also organizing a workshop on "Automated Image Analysis":
- Call for Participants: Workshop on "Automated Image Analysis" (November 5th, Link)